Security Software Installed in Factory

I,Me and Myself 23:13 26 Sep 2007

Hope I have titled this thread ok. :p

What I would like to know is this - we have an Iqon PC bought from Tesco and it already had Tesco security software installed. My parents have a Dell PC which already had McAffee security installed.

Is this type of security software adequate or is it better to either uninstall it and install your own or even leave it installed but also install extra stuff like ad-aware, ccleaner etc?

The reason I'm asking is that my parent's rang to say that they had a back door trojan on their PC and when I got some help on here and went over and ran a spywarecleaner we found over 90 problems on their PC and all they have is the free security software supllied with the PC.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Ashrich 23:47 26 Sep 2007

Tesco Anti Virus is Panda re-branded and is very good software indeed , click here for some details , as for McAfee , as it was supplied by Dell , this is often only for 90 days before you need to buy it , make sure it is up to date , and install separate Anti Spyware ( Ad Aware , Spy Bot etc. ) and get them to run it once a week . If their McAfee has expired get something else for them , in fact the Tesco stuff that you have would be ideal as it is easy to use and not so confusing for them .

Ashley

I,Me and Myself 23:56 26 Sep 2007

Thanks for that.

We keep getting a box on our screen informing us to update the Tesco security but we do not have a User ID or a Password. I tried contacting Panda via the relevant page on the internet but I keep getting a Mail Not Delivered message.

Anyone got any ideas?

birdface 09:01 27 Sep 2007

Probably your trial period has ran out.And now they want you to start paying.If so there are loads of freebie's out there that you can use.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires