Security settings & activex help please!

themooch 16:57 01 Jul 2003

HELP ActiveX & no security setting
Hi All
I am running XP pro & up to now had no problems with it,However today i went to a web page containing a live video link (applet) & got a message saying " your current security settings prohibit running activx controls on this page as a result the page may not display correctly" and they don't!!!

So i went to internet options/privacy & only got one slider bar to change coockie settings to med/low etc.

I don't have anything saying security & i use to have tha facility to change settings in various zones ie intranet,etc. I don't seem to have this anymore (or can't find it)

I did go to view objects in internet options & found the following

C:\windows\downloaded program files
(AD7FAFB0-16D6-40C3-AF27-585D6E6453FD
shockwave flash object
update class
webhelper class

Have any of these got anything to do with it?

Am i doing something wrong If so can one of you very helful people please point me in the right direction.

(got a feeling this is something simple) Fingers crossed.

Cheers

muppetmark 17:12 01 Jul 2003

try internet options, security tab, (or is it missing totally,) click on custom level in this screen where you can change active x settings

themooch 17:24 01 Jul 2003

Thanx muppetmark.
The security tab is missing,It use to be there but now gone.

Any suggestions

Cheers

muppetmark 17:31 01 Jul 2003

Do you have any other security apps that could possibly have disabled this option, ie Norton, Spybot, or something similar.

Other than that maybe a repair of IE may be the way to go, wait for some other replies in case someone has come across this before.

themooch 17:44 01 Jul 2003

I have just recently run spybot.
Had a look in the recovery bit but don't know what it may be.

suppose i could recover the most recent & if that doesn't work i can get rid again!

I'll try it & let you know

Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?