Security issues when upgraded to IE 7

TonyGTI 15:26 23 Jan 2007

Having problems with my wife's PC, so you can imagine the ear bending I am receiving!!

The problem seem to have started after upgrading to IE 7 as nothing else has changed on her PC that I am aware of.

When she tries to log in to her hotmail account now gets a screen saying; 'content was blocked because it was not signed by a valid security certificate'. However she can then continue.

I down loaded the security certificate, but still get message coming up.

This happens with some other sites, but not ebay for example.

It seems that whenever the padlock (Security Report) symbol is displayed to the right of the web address she either cannot access the site or gets the above message.

This is happening with Tescos on line site and she cannot get in at all so unless we get this sorted we may starve!!!

Any ideas anyone ...please

Tony

anskyber 15:30 23 Jan 2007

A number of people have experienced problems with access to their Hotmail accounts after IE7. If you have such problems then in the first place download this. click here It is nearly always successful.

Technotiger 15:30 23 Jan 2007

Hi, if your wife uninstalls IE7 via Control Panel>Add/Remove her pc will automatically be reverted to IE6.

Kate B 15:31 23 Jan 2007

Or use Firefox, which is a much better browser.

skidzy 16:02 23 Jan 2007

Just an idea but unsure if this will work,but certainly worth a try.

In IE7:
tools/internet options/security/trusted sites/sites/

Now add the site site address and ok.
You could if so desired (your choice) untick the require server verification https: for all sites in this zone.This may stop the blocking you mentioned.

TonyGTI 16:43 23 Jan 2007

I tried accessing TESCO using my wife's log on details on my laptop which is running IE6 and got on OK. So I unistalled IE7 and went back to IE6 but still could not access Tescos and getting security cerificate messages coming up on other sites. Ran CCleaner and the security certificate problem went away!!?? but still no access to Tescos and getting hungry now!!
Also checked Internet options setting to ensure same as my laptop

Reinstalled IE7 and downloaded patch suggested by anskyber.

Not getting content blocked message but still cannot get into Tescos on my wife's computer.

Should I give up and go to ASDA or has anyone got any ideas?

anskyber 17:50 23 Jan 2007

I think this may fix it although I had to read it a few times to get the solution!

click here

FreeCell 18:03 23 Jan 2007

In Internet Options - Privacy click on Sites button. Check Tesco address has not inadvertantly been added as a site to block.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?