Security Certificate Alert

sydhall 09:59 24 Oct 2007

Hi can anyone help?

I run three computers Via a Wireless network: My main computer has suddenly started to show the following Alert when going on to some secure sites. No all but some of my main ones, I have checked with the sites concerned and been advised that the problem is at my END.

I have flattened the computer Four times and done a complete-New Re-Build. NO SUCCESS

Security Alert; Information you exchange with this site cannot be viewed or changed by others. However there is a problem with the sites Security Certificate.

It then goes on to warn that the certificate has expired Etc. I think it may have something to do with Internet Explorer.

Syd.
PS the other two are OK:

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:02 24 Oct 2007
  iamalipaul 22:20 06 Nov 2007

^^^

birdface 22:40 06 Nov 2007

If Fruit Bat is correct the latest Java is Java6 up-date3.If you go to add remove and you have any older versions on there I would delete them all then run C Cleaner then Install the latest version only.Version 6 up-date 3. See if that helps.

birdface 22:46 06 Nov 2007

Googled it but no doubt you have already tried that.click here=

sydhall 08:20 07 Nov 2007

Hi Everyone,

Thanks’ for your advise: Over the weekend I downloaded FIREFOX via Goggle: After reboot it advised me to check my Computer DATES, Surprise, Surprise, My youngest Granddaughter had altered the Year to 2002 little wonder the certificates where showing out of date. Ok since :
Syd.

birdface 09:47 07 Nov 2007

Ok Syd glad to see you have it fixed now,If you would tick the little square and then press resolved it will save others from looking.Good luck.

johnnyrocker 09:52 07 Nov 2007

i am surprised you av etc did not give out of date warnings.

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?