Security Centre too secure!

Shorty123 13:55 18 Nov 2004

Hi, Running Windows XP Home, SP2, and for some reason suddenly I cannot access the Security Centre. I am going via Start/ControlPanel then clicking on Security Centre and nothing happens other than the blue bar at the top of the Control Panel box turns alternately pale and darker blue each time I click on Security Centre. I can access everything else in the Control Panel except this. Any ideas? Cheers

mattyc_92 15:07 18 Nov 2004

It sounds like some files have been deleted/overwritten. I have had a similar problem and had to uninstall the service pack 2 and then reinstall it. You may have some sort of virus that has damaged this "add-on", so you might need to do a full system scan as well.

Jackcoms 15:16 18 Nov 2004

Or use System Restore

Stuartli 15:16 18 Nov 2004

Have you tried through Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools?

Shorty123 15:48 18 Nov 2004

Thanks all. I have discovered that I can access it about once in every ten times I try...weird. I have had no problems at all with SP2 up to now so would be extremely reluctant to uninstall/reinstall except as a last resort. I am pretty well protected with AVG7, zonealarm, A2, Adaware, Spybot, SpywareGuard and SpywareBlaster, all kept bang up to date. I will do full scans with everything and report back. Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone