securepccleaner

dobbin 09:11 08 Jan 2008

Picked up this virus/worm overnight on my computer. Does anyone have any suggestions for its removal? It appears in ie7 which is surprising as I always use Firefox.

brundle 09:23 08 Jan 2008

More information? What AV do you use, is it unable to remove the problem for example

johndrew 09:24 08 Jan 2008
  dobbin 09:30 08 Jan 2008

Brundle, using AVG [the version you pay for] which ironically I left doing a full scan overnight when I picked up the virus. Currently trying a full scan with Ad=Aware and hope this will pick it up.

birdface 10:14 08 Jan 2008

This says removal tool.But I don't know anyone that has used it.click here

birdface 10:25 08 Jan 2008

Anybody searching Google for this problem would be advised to download McAfee Site Advisor First.There are so many bad sites that you are likely to pick up a nastie yourselves.This one for Internet Explorer.click here it only puts it's icon on your toolbar and warns you whenabout to enter a bad site.

dobbin 10:56 08 Jan 2008

Thanks everyone for your advice. Ad-Aware and or windows defender seem to have caught it. Firefox works fine but Ie7 would not open so I had to reset it and all appears to be running well now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?