Secure File Transfer and Encryption

Jilly Lowis-Jones 09:21 27 Mar 2016
Answered

HI. I have been approached about helping out a solicitor with some remote transcription. I have software installed already to play the audio files but I am worried about secure file transfer and encryption... any advice?

Jill

Svol 15:30 27 Mar 2016

How or what program will you use to access the remote files?

For example, if the remote files are to be accessed via a web browser and the web address commences with the 's' character indicates a secure encrypted web session connection.

Jilly Lowis-Jones 08:57 28 Mar 2016

Hi Svol Well I don't know really. As it is transcription I guess they will email the files to me or we could use something like Dropbox? then I will type up the document from Express Scribe... I think I would have to save the file if emailed onto my desktop and then import it into Express Scribe... I haven't got that far in discussions with them yet... They do have a secure email address we could use for sending files back and forth, but I need to know that I am sending stuff securely... Does this help???

Thanks, Jill

Jilly Lowis-Jones 08:58 28 Mar 2016

Hi Svol Well I don't know really. As it is transcription I guess they will email the files to me or we could use something like Dropbox? then I will type up the document from Express Scribe... I think I would have to save the file if emailed onto my desktop and then import it into Express Scribe... I haven't got that far in discussions with them yet... They do have a secure email address we could use for sending files back and forth, but I need to know that I am sending stuff securely... Does this help???

Thanks, Jill

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:05 28 Mar 2016

Have a read here is about tax documents but is relative to your situation.

If documents are sent back and forward I would have thought encryption would be what you need the solicitor must have some form of encryption they use.

Jilly Lowis-Jones 13:12 28 Mar 2016
Answer

Thanks Fruit Bat

I will have a read....

Jill

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?