OnePlus 5 review
I have a number of passwords That I found in System Information for Windows 5 are for this site which I would like to delete and just have the one. Two just have a users name and then lots of stars where my password should be, One is an old email and password which doesn't work any more, could someone tell me how do I delete these and where should I find them on the PC.
I have downloaded Cleaner, first it wouldn't let me use it. I had a message to close Firefox but I wouldn't know how to or where to find it, then after a number of tries it worked could you advise me on this please. I am going to see if it did do the trick and delete some of the secret passwords that I do not want.
It didn't work I still have PCA with different passwords on my PC,
I have also seen "Deleted OE Accounts' in SIW and wondered how to eliminate them. A search revealed this method.
I have tried this and it works but do backup your registry first - just in case.
From click here
To remove your account information manually for Outlook Express:
1. Go to Start> Run and type regedit. Click Ok.
2. In the left hand pane of the registry editor expand the following keys:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Protected Storage System Provider.
3. When you have expanded Protected Storage System Provider, there should be just one key beginning with the letter S followed by a lot of numbers. Right click this Key and click Permissions. Click the Add button.
4. In the Enter the object names to select box type the exact username of your account on your Windows XP Computer (your logon username) and click Check Names. A prefix will be added to your username and it will be underlined.
5. Click Ok.
6. You are now back in the Permissions dialog box. In the top pane click your username and then in the bottom pane under the Allow column select the Full Control box. Click Ok.
7. Now press F5 on your keyboard to refresh the registry. A little plus will have appeared at the side of the key beginning with S followed by lots of numbers. Expand this and then expand Data.
8. This is the step that requires some searching from you. After you have expanded Data, a few more expandable keys with random letters and numbers will be accessible. As every computer differs, I cannot tell you which one to expand. What you have to do is expand everyone and its subkeys until you come across the strings listed in the "Resource Name" column of System Info. You can then right click and Delete each one of the keys and this will remove the account information from your computer.
If you normally use Firefox and the PCA passwords are stored there try click here
A simpler way is to D/L and run click here
and look under Identification > INETCOM Server Passwords which will list all your mail accounts and allow you to delete the unused account.
beeuuem. Thank you I have deleted most of my passwords, by following, 01:50. info.
Does this mean I am no longer on these sites?
I still have a problem. When I did what you said I deleted some of my passwords but they were not all there, because I went back into SIW and found my old passwords, which did say deleted but I would like to get rid of them and not be able to see them when I go into SIW, also my old email address when I was with NTL I would like to delete, How can I delete these off my PC?
Removing the passwords from Firefox only removes them from your computer. Any details stored on the actual site will be retained and you could still login manually.
What are shown as deleted accounts in SIW is not strictly acurate.
I deleted all my accounts using the Protected Storage Viewer click here. After rebooting and opening OE and checking for mail the passwords were requested for all the accounts. Looking in SIW all the unwanted accounts had gone, all my current accounts showed but were shown as deleted accounts. This may be because I use a proxy server for mail.
I looked at what you surgested it mentioned something about the regist, so I am not sure what to do. Do you mean. Looking in SIW all the unwanted accounts had gone. Does this mean you no longer belonged to thoese sites? Most of my NTL says deleted but NTL and my old users name is still there. I have come off the web that I have been using for the past year, but I can still use the net with ticully, not sure why as I have a new number and email address and I would like to come off altogether, that's one reason I would like to take the passwords and all the info the sites (NTL) have on me I am trying to clean up the PC before leaving the web. just like if you were moveing house you like to leave it clean and tidy.
This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.