Secondary IDE channel missing.

Bowsprit 20:49 28 Jun 2004

Tried to format a floppy but it would not as it said it had non removeable data on it,so i removed floppy and the floppy drive started doing a thousand r.p.m. so i stuck in another floppy to keep it quiet and shut down computer.When it restarted i found my two secondary drives were missing from My Computer,Disk Management and Device Manager.I went into bios and checked and they are not being reported. I don't know what happened but it's related to the floppy i was trying to format as i remember it had a disk recovery\erase program on it that i was using a few days ago on another computer.Any ideas on this problem.

Bowsprit 12:10 03 Jul 2004

I had no replies to this post but eventually sussed it out and this may help someone if same thing happens.It had nothing to do with floppy or recovery disk i was using, it was caused by the two CD drives a Optorite and a LiteOn which could not coexist on the same secondary channel and caused the faults.Swapped about and problem cured.

Graham ® 12:18 03 Jul 2004

Noted, thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?