Second time attempt for help - drivers!

blueranger 15:24 21 Feb 2009

Hi Guys

Hope someone can help me. I watch footy matches via an application (not peer to peer) and also via peer to peer like sopcast etc. I dont know what Ive done but when the applications launch a small window picture is fine, as soon as I go to full size screen it looks like in slow motion and just not right. Has always been ok in past, just wondering if Ive deleted something as I cleaned the registry etc in recent weeks.

If anyone can help that would be appreciated.

crosstrainer 15:46 21 Feb 2009

Need more information as regards the software you are using...Also your graphics card.

gazzaho 17:26 21 Feb 2009

Might be worth restoring the registry to before you cleaned it, you "did" do a backup before cleaning the registry? It's never a good idea to clean the registry without backing it up first. Some registry cleaners can be very aggressive and can cause programs to misbehave after cleaning.

Failing that a system restore to before you cleaned the registry might clear it up.

blueranger 17:36 21 Feb 2009

Hi

I did do a back up of the registry but have since moved from McAfee to free security. Will that make a difference, ie will I lose anything I have installed since that date. What should I do?

gazzaho 18:22 21 Feb 2009

I would guess you will have to reinstall any programs from you made the backup as the restore of the registry will only have entries from the point you made the backup. The problem might be the entries from McAfee in the restore registry, they could conflict with your new security entries. I'm unsure if one will conflict with the other, I do know that 2 Virus scanners on the same machine will conflict with each other.

It might be worth uninstalling your new security suite and then restore the registry, reinstall McAfee then uninstall it again this would clean McAfee's entries in order to allow you to reinstall your new suite. It might also be a good idea to disconnect from the net when uninstalling your security if you can, to avoid being connected without protection.

nepakabintas 19:07 21 Feb 2009

hello! i just discovered a brand new site and i really felt like sharing with you!
click here - it is a penny auction, where you can buy all brand new items like laptops, iPod's, LCD TV's, Nintendo Wii, digital camera's, PC and even cars! for a few pennies. IT IS REALLY MAD! but it is true, come and take a look and register. Registration only takes couple of minutes, and in few moments you my win a brand new laptop or TV!
it is all in here - click here - i am waiting for you, Don't miss this chance to grab a superb bargain for a few pennies. click here
thank you, yours sincerely Thomas Cook.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?