1. In the Disk Management window, complete one of the following procedures, and then continue to step 2: * To create a new partition, right-click unallocated space on the basic disk where you want to create the partition, and then click New Partition.
2. In the New Partition Wizard, click Next.
3. Click the type of partition that you want to create (Primary), and then click Next.
4. Specify the size of the partition (accept the default full size of the drive) in the Partition size in MB box, and then click Next.
5. Decide whether to manually assign a drive letter, let the system automatically enumerate the drive, or do not assign a drive letter to the new partition or logical drive, and then click Next. 6. Specify the formatting options you want to use by using one of the following procedures: * If you want to format the partition, click Format this partition with the following settings, and then complete the following procedure in the Format dialog box: 1. Type a name for the volume in the Volume label box. This is an optional step. 2. Click the file system that you want to use in the File system box. (NTFS)
select Full format for a new drive on NTFS volumes. Click Next.
7. Confirm that the options that selected are correct, and then click Finish.
Don't worry It wont let you format the C:drive and lose your operating system.
This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.