Second HD Not Seen

Blazon82 11:21 27 Dec 2006

Having resolved my SFC problem, I fitted a new hard drive. This was the first one of two. I copied everything to the new drive with Acronis, but now Windows Explorer will not see the second drive.
On loading, the bios sees the 2 drives as master and slave, as does Partition Magic. It also shows if I go to Control Panel/admin tools/disk management.
But if I go to Start/programs/accessories/system information it does not show. I need to get some files from the second drive, any suggestions as to how I can get it to show in W Explorer.
Running W XP, and I am unable to do a restore as all of the points are missing

Diodorus Siculus 11:26 27 Dec 2006

Has the drive been formatted? You can do this from within disk management by right clicking and choose format.

howard64 12:06 27 Dec 2006

assuming everything is connected ok try setting both drives to cable select rather than master slave. BTW you have got the master at the end of the ribbon cable and the slave in the middle?

Blazon82 18:19 28 Dec 2006

Thanks for the comments. Drive is already formatted.
I will try both on CS and let you know the result, and yes both are in the correct part of the cable.

Artik2 19:51 28 Dec 2006

The try with your other IDE slot on your mother board. Or a different cable.

Blazon82 09:19 31 Dec 2006

I have resolved my problem. By going to control panel/admin tools/disk management. I noted that the first drive with two partitions was listed as drive c & d but the second was shown as Computer 2 3 & 4.
I changed them to letters e f & g and that has solved the problem.
Thanks to all for your suggestions.

Diodorus Siculus 09:28 31 Dec 2006

Thanks for the feedback.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017