second hard drive question

bigboab y 18:20 25 Nov 2003

I have a 4.3 gig hard drive with Windows Me on it(upgraded from w98 se)..I fell heir to a 6.5 gig job which already had windows 98 on it (now working as slave) and the system boots up fine as ME.. can I remove the windows 98 from the slave drive without losing the files and stuff that are on it?

ahales42 18:35 25 Nov 2003

How about copying the files you wish to keep to the master drive, formatting the slave and copy them back.

goonerbill 18:38 25 Nov 2003

as ahales42 said, copy what ever files ya want to keep on to the master and then reformat the slave hard drive

bigboab y 20:37 25 Nov 2003

sounds good ... but the second drive has got FIVE yes FIVE gigglebits used up... one of which is windows 98 as i said .. just thot i could start by taking off 98.

bigboab y 22:41 25 Nov 2003

Can I copy a folder called "Program files" to the master drive and will they then appear on the windows ME start menu... I tried dragging and dropping some folders (e.g AOL 4.1) to the "c" drive and it seemed to work.. but it didnt appear in start menu.. excuse my iggerence

dazzling (work) 22:48 25 Nov 2003

no you cant because they wont be installed you can put the program files there but you cant run them you need to install them from the origional disc.what you can move and access is photos word files etc stuff that you would create yourself also any music video stuff like that.darren

bigboab y 00:17 26 Nov 2003

Cheers guys and gals ... the way ahead is now clear... keep all files and scrub the rest ..nez pas

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?