Second hard drive

hcir 14:43 03 Mar 2007

hi

looking to install a second hard drive into my dell dimension 5150. i am doing this primerily for backup reasons. at the moment i have a 160gb seagate barracuda 7200.7 hard drive installed.
been looking at the dabs site for a second drive but not sure what i am exactly looking for in terms of compatability with my computer. can anyone help as i don't want to buy and then find out the drive will not fit. Also with the new drives do you get all cables included normally or do you have to buy separately. on opening my computer there is a power lead there but no serial ata data cable.

sorry for the long winded question

many thanks

wjrt 15:07 03 Mar 2007

click here

no need even to open case and portable should the need arise . many others available

rawprawn 15:17 03 Mar 2007

Or here I have just bought click here here and I am very pleased with it. You can fit an internal slave, I have one in my Dell, but it is IDE, and I amd not sure about the SATA connection. On the IDE Cable there are connectors for two hard drives.

hcir 15:43 03 Mar 2007

thanks for those suggestions but was really looking for an internal hard drive and i have run out of spare usb ports.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?