Second Hand TFT Monitors

rickwoo 15:58 28 May 2003

I'm after a second hand TFT monitor. Anyone know a site that sells them?

Thanks

soy 17:49 28 May 2003

EBAY click here , Ebuyer sometimes have used TFT's in the Blowout deals section eee.ebuyer.co.uk .

soy 17:50 28 May 2003

sorry, replace the eee with www!

accord 17:55 28 May 2003

check click here

soy 17:55 28 May 2003

Another Nice link: Monitors-Online click here

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:00 28 May 2003

Wouldn't touch them with the proverbial barge-pole unless I could see them in action. A lot of the *ahem* 'second-user' ones that I have seen have been double dire.

At £150ish for a new 15" it isn't worth it, unless the asking price is circa £70....and you can try before buying.

G

accord 18:06 28 May 2003

good point well put gandalf, at the silly prices they are these days is it worth risking it, i dont think so.

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:10 28 May 2003

Having just checked the Ebay links, the prices are really for the bonkers amongst us. A lot of the TFT 12" screens are old tat as well as ultra small and the others are retailers trying to flog new ones to the unwary, at top whack...the place is a nest of vipers, steer well clear and start saving the moolah.

G

TECHNODIMWIT 18:47 28 May 2003

but these look cheap enough

click here

mark

soy 18:50 28 May 2003

Buying off ebay is pretty much safe as long as you follow the basic rules. Checking seller feedback, emailing questions etc.

Alot of the sellers on there are small home business's who make a legit living selling products on there, to cut down costs of creating a proper shop front.

-pops- 18:55 28 May 2003

Like others here, I would no more buy a secondhand TFT item (monitor or laptop) than I would buy a secondhand fish finger.

These items are very delicate and easily prone to damage and even brand new ones often have dead pixels which can make them unusable.

Save a few more pennies but think carefully if you really want one of these things. Personally, I wouldn't want one as a gift, never mind buying one.

Brian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017