searching google images

Yimbo 16:56 03 Apr 2014
Answered

I don't search Google images often - but when I did, clicking on an image took me to that image directly - with options for different sizes, similar etc. Now I am taken to the image's web-site, where these options are not shown, and usually it involves a hunt for the image, and sometimes it's not there at all.

Has Google changed "Image Search" recently! If so, I much preferred the previous way of accessing and displaying images.

Ian in Northampton 17:35 03 Apr 2014

Not recently, but yes it has. There's a cog over on the right top of the screen that allows you to refine your search (e.g. for large, medium or small). Click on the image you want and it should give you the option of either 'visit page' or 'view image'. It could be that you've chosen images that, for whatever reason, don't allow you to do that (e.g. because they're copyright). I can't replicate the problem you describe - from that point of view, it seems to work for me much like it's always worked.

Yimbo 19:13 03 Apr 2014
Answer

Thank you for your information - and the confirmation that Google Images has changed! I've been through the Google Forum on this topic, and everyone seems to deplore the change! Under Google "Help" I'm told to scroll to the foot of the image results page and click "switch to basic version". That would be great - except that this option does not appear!

Neither am I getting the option "view page" or "view image".

If something ain't broke - don't try fixing it!

I appreciate your help! Thanks!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?