Search Facility

recap 14:50 02 Aug 2006

In the search facility in Windows, can you search multiple file extension like, *jpeg, *gif, *bmp etc. Or can you only search for one file type per search?

Dean-521792 14:54 02 Aug 2006

when you go to search click on pictuers that use the advance search options, that might help

recap 15:20 02 Aug 2006

Thanks aziz7733, I have tried that, but if I do a search with the following criteria I get nothing: *jpeg, *bmp

Woolwell 17:02 02 Aug 2006

My understanding is that if you search using pictures it will bring up all pictures with all image file extensions. I reckon that if you put in *jpeg it will result in a search looking for a file called *jpeg.jpeg or *jpeg.gif, etc. Hence you get nothing.

It might help if you explain what you are searching for. There are a number of programs which will find photos on your computer and make them easy to find eg Picasa.

recap 09:12 03 Aug 2006

Thanks Woolwell,

The list would be too long to put on here for what I am looking for. I am running a network and want to delete as much as possible to save space from each client machine.

If I am understanding you, all I would need to do is type the word 'Picture' or 'Video' and this would find everything in that category?

recap 09:24 03 Aug 2006

Again Thanks Woolwell, that has sorted it.

GroupFC 09:29 03 Aug 2006

If you start search, and then click on "pictures music and video" in the search Companion thingy, and then tick "pictures and photos", that should find all files with a "picture" extension i.e. jpeg, gif, etc.

HTH

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?