search engines

MERKY 21:39 06 Dec 2004

I have just uploaded my first web site & i wondered how long it takes to be registered with the main search engines as my site is not listed yet.

jazzman747 20:20 10 Dec 2004

Assuming you have entered the meta/page tag information correctly and submitted your site to the major search engines then you will have to wait for there bots to crawl your site, that does not mean your site will automatically be thrown up in search results unless you type the exact web address.

The more links you have going out and coming in will increase your search return results, getting on those first few pages is not easy.

I personaly dont rate mass submission software but would concentrate on getting your site linked with others of similiar content that are already listed
and ranked high . . if you can.

desbest 14:14 19 Dec 2004

If your domain name comes with meta tags, change them. Because search engines may use them.

Use evrsoft.com to submit to search engines for free

Find out how search engines display your site result at click here

Use a manual submit at Google,Yahoo!,alltheweb, to submit your search engine for free.
-----PAY SUBMIT
Submitfire.com
Overture.com (previously Inktomi)]
Google AdWords

Is paying to be first in a search engine.

PC Eye 13:02 20 Dec 2004

With careful consideration, even the lowliest of personal websites can get high rankings with the major search engines (including Google).

Searching the forum for previous threads is the best tip, but as a guide the following will certainly help:

1. Jazzman is correct in commenting on incoming and outgoing links. The incoming links (from another site to yours) are the most important. If they are from a similar themed site, carry reasonable credibilty with the search engine, and have an appropriate <alt> or <title> tag, you will gain brownie points. Make sure the description is relevant and also contain approapriate keywords.

2. The meta tags on HTML coding are also important. Make sure the <title> tag is about 8 or 9 words long and includes your primary keywords.

3. Keyword density of around 10-15% helps, particularly when there is a reasonable concentration in the first hundred words or so, but also scattered throughout the whole page.

4. Submit your site to click here. It's free, and although it may take a while to be incorporated, it carries a lot of weight with Google and the other major players.

5. Don't pay for submissions (there's no need) and avoid automatic submissions - they may harm your ranking.

SEO is a combination of these points and many more but the above will certainly point you in the right direction.

Hope this is of help,

PC Eye

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?