Search Engines

Smiler 16:33 23 Nov 2003

I designed and built a site for a friends company. Can anyone tell me how to get the site onto the big search engines like Lycos & Google. Is it free or subscription?

anchor 17:24 23 Nov 2003

For a free inclusion

click here

anchor 17:28 23 Nov 2003

The free one is the second here:

click here

PurplePenny 18:03 23 Nov 2003

Don't forget DMOZ

click here

Penny

Smiler 18:17 23 Nov 2003

Thanks for the links. I see that google is free but no guarantee to be included. Lycos is free but could be six months before be included. If I were to pay it can be done in 48hours!!!!!!!!!!!

Smiler 18:25 23 Nov 2003

Thanks for the link but it seems to be US based and I don't think a small company in South Wales would be able to deliver and fit items that far away.

anchor 18:35 23 Nov 2003

Google does the listing quite quickly, but possibly not in 48 hrs. However, Google really is the main one to be listed with.

For about £20 you should get it on Lycos within this period.

PurplePenny 21:03 23 Nov 2003

isn't US based. It lists sites from all over the world. If you only want to attract UK customers you just add (UK) to your listing. If you check the list of search engines and portals using the data you will see numerous UK based organisations and sites.

DMOZ data is used by Alta Vista, AOL, Dogpile, Excite UK, Google, Lycos, Netscape amongst hundreds of others.

Penny

A_World_Maker 21:54 23 Nov 2003

as PurplePenny has already said, DMOZ is the best. If you get ranked there, then you automatically get ranked onto many mnay others. click here make sure you choose carefully which category you want though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?