SEARCH ENGINE LISTING

rotormota 18:32 03 Oct 2005

If I put links to other companies on my site will that increase the chances of search engines finding & listing it?

Many thanks.
J

Taran 18:47 03 Oct 2005

Sometiems yes, but it isn't anywhere near as effective as if the other sites all link to yours.

Outbound linking can assist your site, but inbound links (from another site) to yours will be far more effective.

rotormota 18:53 03 Oct 2005

Thanks. My new site is for my classic car so I really don't want to link it to just anything. Ideally I want to link to similar motoring sites.

I have been registered with Google for months but they still don't find me.

I suppose I need to see if some compatible sites want to link with mine?

Best regards,
J

Taran 18:59 03 Oct 2005

Get in touch with your local classic cars groups - every area has them.

Talk to them and ask if any of them would be willingto provide reciprocal linking - that's where they link to your site and you link to theirs.

It can be a quick way to start generating traffic, but it can also have drawbacks.

If you like, post a link to your site and I'll take a look at its source code. There are a lot of things you can do to help a site along by including relevant page titles, metatags (yes, they still CAN work) Alt tags for images and so on. It all helps a search engine to 'read' your site, which in turn can help index it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?