Search Dial Problem Help Needed

Thereferee21 13:16 15 Feb 2014
Answered

How do I get rid of the above I cannot find it in my list of programmes.

Jollyjohn 13:20 15 Feb 2014

Got to Control Panel, Add Remove Programmes, There is a box marked "Show updates" tick this. Wait for list to fill and then look for Internet Explorer. Uninstall update. This will roll IE back and remove all settings and Search Dial.

Download and run Malwarebytes

Allow Windows update to update IE again.

Thereferee21 15:59 15 Feb 2014

Hi Internet Explorer is not listed

Jollyjohn 16:36 15 Feb 2014

Internet Explorer will not be listed as a program. You must select the option to "Show updates" and look through the updates. It can take a moments for the list of updates to fully populate and it can take careful searching for the IE update. Once found you can uninstall the update which will roll back to the previous version and clear settings and remove nasties.

What version of Windows are you using? I may be able to supply more precise instructions.

Thereferee21 16:42 15 Feb 2014

Hi again,

I am using Windows 7 and Google Chrome as my browser.

Thanks

Ian

lotvic 16:52 15 Feb 2014

In Add Remove Programs look under W (not under I)

Windows Internet Explorer

rdave13 17:11 15 Feb 2014

Also check programs and features for My search dial or other unknown toolbars/programs.

Jollyjohn 17:28 15 Feb 2014

W7 Control panel programs View installed updates (mine took about 1:30 to fully populate list. Internet Explorer 11 was listed under Microsoft windows, 6th item)

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:50 15 Feb 2014

Try AwdCleaner free to get rid of all sorts of tool bars and add ons

Thereferee21 19:09 15 Feb 2014

I have done what you said I uninstalled IE 11 I now have IE 10 but it has not removed Search Dial. Any other things that I can try. Mailwarebytes got rid of 374 malicious items.

Jollyjohn 19:22 15 Feb 2014
Answer

open IE and set your home page.

uninstall chrome and re install. Allow it to import settings from IE when asked.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

The secrets of creating gory VFX

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache