seagate SSHD(hard disk)doesn't recognized any software from seagate website

habs2habs 00:04 31 Dec 2013

hi everyone

First i am wishing you all a very happy new year to all of you.

please i need your help Today i received my Seagate SSHD hard disk model: ST2000DX001.

it is working fine,but i can't use any software from Seagate website,the software are:

-Sea tools for windows:when i use the software,the software doesn't see my hard disk it can only see (Generic USB SD READER)

-download finder software:again doesn't recognize the hard disk

-Seagate/Maxtor serial number locator,again doesn't see my hard disk

-Drive detect utilitydisk drive section) i can see ST2000DX001-1CM164 SCSI disk device

i already installed windows OS,with all the windows updates,internet security,utilities softwares

-Please can i use (disk defragmentation) software,with this hard disk. The softwares i have for degragmentation: -iolo system mechanics -Glarys utilities -Ashampoo win optimizer

i use the defragmentation software one at a times.(please reply to this question as well)

I hope to hear from you very soon

My kindest regards habib

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:37 31 Dec 2013

Please can i use (disk defragmentation) software,with this hard disk. The softwares i have for degragmentation: -iolo system mechanics -Glarys utilities -Ashampoo win optimizer

Yes you can but none of those products offer a decent defragging method and defragging is not really required that much either.

Number six 00:56 01 Jan 2014

Defragging is completely unnecessary when using a SSD.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:53 01 Jan 2014

Number six

I agree its bad for a SSD

but this is a Hybrid drive not a full SSD

woodchip 12:07 01 Jan 2014

SSD should never have a Defrag used on it, it only shortens the life of the memory card

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:31 01 Jan 2014

Hybrid Drive

Seagate Adaptive Memory™ technology effectively identifies the most frequently-used data on the platters and stores it in the NAND flash. it is recovered from there when required

Defragging only affects the platter parts of the drive not the SSD part which is really just a large cache.

habs2habs 13:10 03 Jan 2014

Hi everyone

Thank you all for all your reply i received from you,i appreciated so much.

Fruit Bat /\0/\:please which defragmentation software do you recommend me to use.

please why do you think , i can't use any software from seagate website?

i received a reply from (seagate website forum) about my problem,this is the answer i received:

I can't say exactly why it's not showing up in the tools but it should do if it's a Sata port connected drive, i.e not USB so maybe a bad install, uninstall it and re-install Seatools,

De-Frag,

No problem, you still have a mechanical HDD as well as SSD, proper SSD's are not advisable to de-frag but the hybrid should be ok or at least I've not been told you shouldn't anyway.

i hope to hear from you very soon

my kindest regards habib

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?