Seagate Replica - Never Full yet out of space?

StuFromPoole 14:28 02 Jan 2011

I run a Seagate Replica 250gb on an XP machine. The automated backup runs quietly in the background and does a full system backup as expected. The product is supposed to be Never Full in that as disk space is used, the older files are overwritten. However, todays backup has failed as due to lack of space on the external drive. How do I free up space? Why is this so called Never Full device full? Any help grately appreciated. PS - I have posted a question with Seagate Tech Support without response to date.

jack O'lantern 14:54 02 Jan 2011

The never full, as you suggest it automatically is deleting older files as goes.
So does the Seagate site give you the opportunity ro download firmwear update perhaps /maybe?

StuFromPoole 16:38 02 Jan 2011

Having looked at the Seagate site and visited the troublshoting pages, I can see that the only Firware downloads are for updates and none is available for this product.

I have also found some other users on the Seagate Community forums are also reporting the same problem without resolution.

jack O'lantern 10:16 03 Jan 2011

delivering.
I you are able and angry enough to return the item for replacement or refund as a not 'fit' item
You can take print outs from the other complainants as back up in your quest.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?