Seagate HDD been overtemp to 123c

Fried~Chips 11:13 24 Sep 2008

Hello all

Should I replace my HDD if When running the Seagate HDD Diagnostic tool if reports HDD has been overtemp even though its got no bad sectors and passes acutal read test.

I first noticed a problem when I came to install a software/driver installation CD. The drive takes nearly 1min - 2 mins to start the install/.exe off. But running a Audio CD is fine. in both DVD and DVD Wtr this problem occurs.

Appreciate quick answer as I am at home today, and if I need to get a HDD etc.

Pamy 14:41 24 Sep 2008

Mine was over temp 2years ago and still working OK, but I did buy another just incase

Fried~Chips 14:59 24 Sep 2008

Yes same, I fee better knowing there is no error reports on the HDD, I will replace it. Thanks for the call.

€dstowe 14:59 24 Sep 2008

I would look into how and why this happens.

Something is not right with either the drive or the system.

In any case, I would follow Pamy's advice urgently.

Fried~Chips 23:13 24 Sep 2008

You think like me, I am still trying to source a problem and wonder if this problem is damaging other things hence reason for a new posting later.

Stuartli 00:19 25 Sep 2008

If it was running at 123 degrees Celsius, it would be toast by now...:-)

My 320GB WD hard drive is currently running at 23 degrees Celsius (73 degrees F).

DieSse 01:28 25 Sep 2008

"My 320GB WD hard drive is currently running at 23 degrees Celsius"

There isn't anywhere around here as low as that - outside the computer, or inside the computer.

;-))

Stuartli 09:03 25 Sep 2008

What's the Spanish for "Non stop sunshine?" ..:-)

We have friends currently using one of their annual timeshare slots in Teneriffe - a couple of days ago they told us on the phone that it was "absolutely sheeting down".

Apparently this was the first rain the area had had since last April.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?