SD memory card error

Cassy 00:27 28 Nov 2008

My SD memory 2GB Tevion card was working well and showing me my photo's in my camera (CanonIxus 850IS)
I used a card reader to transfer the photos (750) to my PC.At no 565 the PC said it was unable to download anymore due to an error. When I tried again no photo's were availaable and nothing showed in the card reader. When I put the card back into the camera it said 'Memory card error' on ablack screen and nothing else.
Please is it possible to recover my photo's? I have just returned from Nepal and would be very grateful if anyone could advise.

BT 08:44 28 Nov 2008

PC Inspector from
click here
does a good job of recovering files from corrupted media.

Reformatting the card afterwards should make it useable again.

laurie53 08:49 28 Nov 2008

Double post.

Already posted, and answered, in Helproom.

armadillo1 16:53 13 Mar 2009

If the memory card is not recognized in the PC or it is impossible to access the data on it, the controller on the card is damaged. There is only one way to get the data back, unsolder memory chips and directly access their raw data with a programable chip reader. Software can't help, that is a physical damage! Have a look at: [URL="click here"]SD card photo recovery[/URL]

Cassy 12:12 14 Mar 2009

Resolved thanks

peter99co 13:26 16 Sep 2010

You should look at CampicRecovery to restore lost and even deleted files.

peter99co 13:30 16 Sep 2010

Should have put CampicRestore

alecsteva 12:28 02 May 2011

If you are unable to access your Photos due to SD memory card error then it is clear that your card has been damaged. You might have used your card in wrong manner due to which it gets damaged and you are getting this error. You can resolve this problem if you format your memory card but after formatting you will lose your valuable pictures. So, in order to restore your lost images you can use Foto Recovery Software.

It is effective software which safely retrieves your lost photos to the specified location. It supports all kinds of memory cards, memory stick, USB drives etc. So, you can use this software to get back your deleted, lost or inaccessible.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017