sd card has got corrupted

nutty norm 15:47 03 Apr 2015

SD Card how do i get my photos back for free, nutty norm

Nontek 15:57 03 Apr 2015

This is a direct Download - click here install and then Run - In the opening window make sure that your Card label (ie D: or whatever) is chosen. Before clicking on Start, make a new folder on your desktop and give it a name, then when you run the program make sure that you have chosen your new folder as the Destination.

This will find all images on your card. While the program is actually running you can open your new folder to watch as the images appear. You can cancel the process at any time and the retrieved images will still be in your new folder.

Nontek 16:41 03 Apr 2015

nutty norm

must be at least a couple of dozen people 'out here' wondering how you got on with my advice??

bumpkin 19:03 03 Apr 2015

A freebie called "Digital Image Rocovery" found about 300 of my lost photos even after I had formated the card. Sorry but I can't give you a link so you will have Google it unless someone here can post it. I can find several very similar ones but not the actual one I used. You could also try Recuva.

Nontek 22:24 03 Apr 2015

bumpkin

My link above is for CampicRestor aka Digital Image Recovery!

nutty norm 05:36 04 Apr 2015

recovering photos from an SD CARD, thanks for nontek and Bumpkin but the program just sits there doing nothing frozen in fact i plug in my sd card though a usb inlet and nothing happens , so i will try again with recuva this one would not respond either, w/7 nutty norm

Nontek 09:28 04 Apr 2015

Put your card into a CARD READER, not a USB slot - then press Start in the program.

Or possibly your USB ports on the pc might not be working!

bumpkin 09:37 04 Apr 2015

Have you selected the correct drive, when I checked my HDD as well as the card it took hours whilst appearing to do nothing.

Nontek, I did not realise it was the same program, sorry.

Nontek 09:45 04 Apr 2015

bumpkin

No problem, two heads are still better then one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?