sd card files not showing up on phone

Dai Cae 00:01 30 May 2017

Hi,

Can anyone help me please?

I have 128gb sd card which I am having trouble with. I am currently ripping my entire cd music collection onto my pc and copying it onto my sd card so that I can have all of my music on my phone which is a Galaxy S5.

I was initially ripping an album and copying it to the sd card 1 disc at a time but while I was organising the albums into folders for different genre's etc I came across some which I was unable to move as it said they were corrupted.

In an attempt to overcome this I formatted the sd card and started to copy my music to the sd card again. This time though, rather than copy the albums one at a time I copy copied a whole folder which was approx 16gb.

When I put the card into my phone I found that less than half the music was showing up in the music player app and on checking the card there were only about 7gb on it. I also tried copying 1 album from the pc to the sd card and checking that it was on the card and complete but when I put the card into my phone the album didn't show up.

Also, a couple of the albums were showing up on the phone as 2 separate albums with the tracks split up between the 2.

Could this be an issue with my pc or maybe just a duff sd card?

Thanks.

Dai Cae 15:56 31 May 2017

Thanks for fuck all!!!

I've worked it out myself now.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iPhone X review

How to find a font: Discover the name of a typeface with these apps

The best iPhone for 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)