SD card for digital camera question

Cybermaxx 19:25 13 Aug 2006

So, I take a few snaps, insert the card into the SD slot on my PC and load them onto my HDD. Then I 'safely remove hardware' and put the SD card back in my camera.

Now, I take a few more snaps, and want to repeat the above without restarting my PC. It doesn't work. My PC doesn't register the card in the SD slot if I do that. Is there a way to get it to work?

SG Atlantis® 19:29 13 Aug 2006

safely remove hardware...

I think when you do that you're removing the card reader instead of the card.

Instead in my computer right click the card and choose eject. That'll make sure there's nothing being written to the card...

That way it's safe just to pull the card out.

Cybermaxx 19:34 13 Aug 2006

You're right! The four card reader icons have disappeared from 'My Computer'. Okay, I'll try your method.

ICF 19:34 13 Aug 2006

I have loaded many pictures on to my pc using XD and SD cards.All I do is remove the card from the reader after they have finished loading on to the pc.

Cybermaxx 19:47 13 Aug 2006

Well, it appears to have worked alright.

ICF, I've been told that if you just take the card out, it can become corrupted and ultimately useless.

SG Atlantis® 19:50 13 Aug 2006

Choosing eject from my computer is safe, that's the way I do it.

Glad to help...

Cybermaxx 19:55 13 Aug 2006

Yep. Cheers! I'm on "restoring" an old bike, you see, and I keep taking photos of it in the vain hope that it looks better so I can flog it! Here's the latest one:-

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?