SD card data transfer

concretepigsy 10:56 06 Jan 2007

I have upgraded from a 512mb to a 2gb sd card for my pda.

could someone point in the right direction to transfer the data from the small card onto the large card

many thanks

vinnyT 11:20 06 Jan 2007

If you have a card reader on a pc, then create a folder in windows explorer (or file manager of choice)call it 'whateveryoulike', insert original sd card into reader and copy everything to the new file 'whateveryoulike'. Then reverse the process to transfer to the larger sd card.

Hope this helps.

concretepigsy 12:57 06 Jan 2007

no i havent but thanks anyway

vinnyT 14:02 06 Jan 2007

Ok then, can you connect to the pc via your pda, if you can then the sd card is prob seen as a mass storage device.

You can then use windows explorer to locate the sd card on your pda, and use the steps as in my first post.

Hope this helps.

Stuartli 14:04 06 Jan 2007

You can buy a memory card reader/writer for a few pounds - very useful for a variety of reasons (use like a pen drive) and you will have a 512MB card to use with it...:-)

I have two such readers plus an MP3 player that uses SD or MMC cards and fulfils a similar role if required.

Jimmy14 14:04 06 Jan 2007

Do you use activesync to syncronize with your computer?

concretepigsy 14:10 06 Jan 2007

yes i do use activesync

Jimmy14 14:31 06 Jan 2007

Plug the pda with the sd card in it, into the computer. Open up activesync. Go to tools, Explorer Pocket Pc and when a new window appears there should be a folder saying SD Card. Make a new folder anywhere on your hard drive and copy the files from the sd card to the new folder. Then take the current sd card in the pda out, put the new one in, locate the folder you moved the files from the old sd card and move them to the new SD card folder as I have shown you how to get into by clicking explorer pocket pc through activesync. Hope this helps

James

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?