Scrolling with a wheel mouse

Abel 19:03 10 Feb 2007

I posted earlier today and got a solution to my problem within minutes. Fantastic! Another problem I'm having which again to those who know the answer will be simple, but try as I might, I can't find the solution. When scrolling with my wheel mouse in Excel 2003, instead of going up and down the sheet vertically it scrolls diagonally from top left to bottom right and vice versa. Could somebody tell me how I can overcome this please. Again, thanks in advance

Abel

VoG II 19:07 10 Feb 2007

Do you have a tilt wheel with horizontal scrolling enabled? If so try reducing the horizontal scrolling speed. Otherwise it can be difficult to avoid scrolling diagonally.

Abel 19:27 10 Feb 2007

Hello VoG™. I don't think my mouse has a tilt wheel, it certainly doesn't appear to have. When I press the wheel, a star like character appears on the screen which enables me move, via the mouse ball, either up, down or sideways.

Abel

justme 20:40 10 Feb 2007

Abel, have you tried just turning the wheel and not pressing down hard while you turn the wheel.

My mouse gives me the star like character if I press the wheel and then I can move in any direction. Pressing the wheel again reverts the mouse to normal operation. You should not see the star like character in normal use.

Abel 21:38 10 Feb 2007

Thanks Justme. I understand exactly what you say but the diagonal scrolling occurs without the star character in play. In other words, just by turning the mouse wheel without pressing down on it.

Abel

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?