scrolling over run after IE7 install

logical9 20:38 08 Jan 2007

Using XP and a Logitech mouseman+ . Since updating to IE7 when using the scroll wheel my scrolling overruns in approx 1 sec steps for 4 lines in Explorer, which is quite frustrating. It is fine in all other applications.

skidzy 20:43 08 Jan 2007

There is a setting in Tools/internet options/advanced /and select smooth scrolling...have not used this myself...but worth a try.
if no joy,just go back and untick and ok.

logical9 22:08 08 Jan 2007

Thanks skidzy-- I have rechecked this and it was already set to smooth scrolling. I have also tried all the options in my mouse settings.

skidzy 22:15 08 Jan 2007

Have you tried going into control panel/select mouse/Wheel/ and select the amount of lines needed to scroll in one go.Mine is set to 3

logical9 22:36 08 Jan 2007

Tried that twice No joy - I think next step is probably to update drivers on mouse and then graphics card as last resort

squashman 01:26 09 Jan 2007

I have a microsoft mouse with 5 proramable buttons, and after installing ie7 some do not work - very annoying. With that and slow page loading I have gone back to ie6

Carafaraday 08:34 09 Jan 2007

This is a known problem with Logitech mice. I had the same thing but it was solved by changing the settings.
Start. Control Panel. Mouse. Choose the Buttons tab. For "Scroller", set to the following: Check the box labeled "Use MS Office compatible scroll only." Also, check the box labeled "Scroll in active window only."
Hope this helps.

logical9 19:45 10 Jan 2007

Sorted - Carafaraday - Many thanks, I knew it had to be something simple but this had slipped by me

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?