screenshot

gagada 21:17 26 Sep 2006

while trying to register some software,I was asked to email a screenshot of my entry.How do I get this screenshot if its not in any program. can someone help please.

mattyc_92 21:21 26 Sep 2006

a "screenshot" (also called "screenie" and "screendump") is an image of your monitor.

To make one of these, simply press the "PrtScn" button on your keyboard (hold "Alt" while pressing "PrtScn" to take a picture of the active window only)
Next open your photo-editing software and create a new image. Paste the ScreenDump (as it is saved in your clipboard) into the new image.
Now simply save the image

rdave13 21:29 26 Sep 2006

Also have a read here, click here

gagada 22:43 26 Sep 2006

how do I get the photo from paint shop pro to my email?

rdave13 22:49 26 Sep 2006

Umm .Getting confusing with two threads going.

Baisically you use imageshack to upload your image thus getting a url. Good idea to make it to fit 17" screen.

Copy the url (last in list) and paste in your email. When someone copies and pastes the url, in your email, into the address bar then they'll see your image.

rdave13 22:51 26 Sep 2006

That is, of course, your ISP has no facilities with images.

Harpur 22:53 26 Sep 2006

you can also use word. to do this click the "print screen" button on your keyboard. then open word and right on a blank document. then click on the paste option.

once you have done that save the docoment to a folder of your choice.

open up your mail client and attach the document you have just created to the e-mail you are sending.

terryf 22:57 26 Sep 2006

right click on the image and select send to email recipient to use email, windows may ask if you want to reduce the size of the pic

Forum Editor 23:12 26 Sep 2006

to say thankyou to someone - use this thread.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans échec ?