Screensaver and Realplayer problem

hallgreen 12:06 30 Aug 2008

Hello

I've been silly and allowed a virus to in. I think the computer is back to normal except for
1 I cannot get Realplayer to fully download. I've tried the current version, older versions and they all stop at "configuring...30%" or something similar

2 The screensaver seems to have disappeared and I can't find an option on the control panel display icon to set it up again.

Are there any solutions?

Thanks

brundle 12:58 30 Aug 2008

Unless you have a music library created with RealPlayer or there are specific features you want that you can only get in RP, get RealAlternative instead; click here

brundle 13:00 30 Aug 2008

Restore display tabs (assuming XP) ; #51 click here

hallgreen 13:00 30 Aug 2008

Thanks. Will that play the BBC LR listen again?

hallgreen 14:34 30 Aug 2008

I've downloaded the alternative but it won't play BBC stuff.
I've tried (and tried again!) to download RealPlayer but everytime it stop at 30 or 31% under configuring and just stays there forever. Anyone have any ideas as I would like to listen to a programme but it will have gone soon!

I've even tried downloading from an old CD copy of Real Player from a few years ago but that doe sexactly the same thing.

Many thanks

brundle 14:37 30 Aug 2008

It does play BBC stuff, I'm using it right now in fact. Your old RP installation is probably interfering with it.
Try MS installer clean up;click here

and RevoUninstaller;
click here

hallgreen 15:18 30 Aug 2008

Thanks

Can I just check I've downloaded the right thing.

Media Player Classic "321"

brundle 17:05 30 Aug 2008

Real Alternative does use Media Player Classic, if that's what's appearing when you open a stream or .rm/.ram file.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?