Screensaver error

Channel 16:15 15 Jul 2007

I downloaded the screensaver Coast Summer 2006 from plantlife.org.uk some weeks ago, and it worked fine until today.At the point when it should load,instead of doing so,I get the error message :"Create Work Directory Error !" When I click OK it loads, and works OK until the next time it should load,when it reoccurs.I uninstalled it, and reinstalled from the plantlife website,but the problem continues.Neither my antivirus AVG,nor spyware program found anything amiss.Any ideas ?

Kingfisher 18:47 15 Jul 2007

try searching the registry for any references to the program, any you find delete, then reinstall program.
warning edit registry with caution.
click on start then run and type regedit then export a copy of your registry to your desktop from the file menu.
now click on edit then find type in the name of your program search will begin, hitting f3 will find next instance of what you typed in.
would also suggest you create a system restore point.
do this from programs accessories system tools system restore name it something like b4screensaver problem, that way you can restore system to what it was before you edited registry

good luck

postie24 18:51 15 Jul 2007

Excellent posting Kingfisher.

Channel 11:44 16 Jul 2007

Editing the registry sounds complicated, but I will try it- using System Restore first, of course.I haven't yet had the time to do it, though.But thanks for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone