screensaver crash

lelole 19:00 09 May 2003

Another newbie question I'm afraid!!! If I leave my computer on for more than about an hour, it goes into a hibernation mode or something, and nothing I do brings it back to life. The only thing I have been able to do is ude the re-set button on the tower. I am using ME, and the screensaver I use is webshots, can anybody help?

Thanks

leah

VoG™ 19:06 09 May 2003

Start, Control Panel, Power Options, Power Schemes tab and select "Always On".

lelole 19:14 09 May 2003

I checked as you suggested, but the always on option was already selected. I noticed that the timimns listed on this page were- montior off in 15 mins, hard disk off in an hour, and system stand by - never. Is this my problem??

Sorry to be so dumb!!

VoG™ 19:24 09 May 2003

Try setting Monitor to "Never" and/or await a response from somebody more knowlegeable about power schemes.

you could disable the power management settings via the power management icon in the control panel, but if you have everything set to never you shouldnt have the problem.
the problem is probably because your PSU shuts itself off completely when theres not enough power being drawn to keep it from overheating.

VoG™ 20:07 09 May 2003

What worked?

lelole 15:43 10 May 2003

have set everything to never, and have tried to be a little bit better behaved when it comes to shutting my computer down when not using it. Seems to be working so far, ta for all the help guys!!!

leah

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?