Screengrab add on problem

Muergo 12:58 24 Mar 2011

I can't find where Screengrab puts the grabbed screens, the home page says it's not taking any more postings under FAQ but there's an option to save to JPEG or PNG (Papua New Guinea?)

All I want is to print a screenshot without the whole content, i.e. just the visible portion, but where does it put them or am I better off using "printscreen" on my keyboard which doesn't respond at present.

Terry Brown 13:22 24 Mar 2011

I assume you are using the CTRL +Print Screen buttons for your screen grab.

Simply open your word processor and paste into that for the full screen or open your graphics editor (if you have one) and paste into that, then edit.
Terry

Pineman100 13:32 24 Mar 2011

What version of Windows are you using? If it's 7, you'll find the Snipping Tool very easy to use, and judging by your description it does exactly what you want. Grab any part of the screen that you want and save it (or paste it) wherever you want.

Muergo 13:33 24 Mar 2011

Sorry, I didn't explain properly, I refer to the Firefox "Screengrab" add on which is supposed to give the options of whole screen or just bits of it.
Also "Control plus PrtScn on my keyboard does noyhing, it's a Microsoft 600 wired board.

Nontek 17:19 24 Mar 2011

This is the Free version of FastStone Capture - it will do all you want and more ....

click here

Muergo 18:33 24 Mar 2011

Thank you Nontek, I have downloaded Fastone and as you say it does a lot more than Screengrab. Didn't ask for payment.

Thanks Pineman, I am running W7 Home, I'll have to see where Snipping Tool is buried.

Nontek 18:39 24 Mar 2011

... 'cos it is the Free version.

Muergo 18:56 24 Mar 2011

Starting to use it after rebooting I get popup screen saying it's a 30 day trial.
We shall see what happens, after I've used it for a month and they come on with a "only pay $5" as others do.

dororof 21:00 24 Mar 2011

Muergo,
Like Nontec says there is a "free" version but it is an older one,i downloaded a week ago.
I have v5.3.
I forget the link but will search.

dororof 21:07 24 Mar 2011

Try from here,some feature's on latest version missing,understandably.
click here

.I think 5.3 was last free version.??

Muergo 21:25 24 Mar 2011

Thanks both of you, I'll come back to this posting after my 30 days is up, they may have made a newer one by then.

I must say, having done a few Fastone grabs, it is very good, has far too many applications for me, the other problem is the small size of icons but I'll get around that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?