Screen Size

lmhillyard 19:37 12 Oct 2003

I have recently tried to play the new CSI game on my PC.The screen size appears too small and the borders are distorted.I was told by the game support line to download the latest driver for my NVIDIA TNT2 model 64 32mb graphics card Bios version 2.05.13.03,did that and the loadup screens are the only view you get enen though windows loads up.so one system restore later and so I am back to square one.
Any ideas. I have an advent 1.4 chip and a 20gb H/D with an ME O/S

hugh-265156 01:40 13 Oct 2003

click here for latest drivers.depending on your screen size check in control panel/display/settings and set to 1024x768(most 15" monitors support this resolution and should be ok)

also check your refresh rate in control panel/display/settings/advanced/monitor and tick the box that says hide modes this monitor cannot display.set it to the highest available then.
only thing i can think of sorry.

DieSse 08:43 13 Oct 2003

"The screen size appears too small and the borders are distorted"

Then you use the controls on your monitor to adjust the screen back to it's normal size/shape.

If you have a fairly modern monitor, the monitor will remember the settings for yuor various screen modes, and auomatically pick them up again when you switch modes (from games to desktop). If you have an older monitor that cannot do this, then tough luck I'm afaraid.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Acer Predator 21X review

These hilarious robot GIFs will be sure to make you smile

Best podcast apps for iPhone & iPad

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie