Screen Shot Software

J B 11:21 10 Jul 2006

Every so often I read threads that have screenshots attached. In PCA this month there is a program called Screenhunter 4.0. Can anybody tell me if I can use this to help with problems that I have that would require a screenshot to help explain the problem or are there other programs or tricks of the trade that would suffice. J.B.

jimv7 11:38 10 Jul 2006

Use 'print screen' to copy then paste into paint, or 'alt + print screen' to copy the active window.

mgmcc 11:43 10 Jul 2006

The free version of ScreenHunter is first class, I use it all the time for selectively capturing parts of the screen.

J B 15:34 10 Jul 2006

Just downloaded the free version of Screenhunter 4.0 and have been playing with it for a little while, however there is something I do not know how to do. If I want to initiate a thread to this forum and want to send a screenshot along with the thread, how do I do it. At present I am saving the screenshot to the clipboard in Word, so all I want to know is how do I get my screenshot within the thread. I just want to add that I have don't have a problem except the one above. J.B.

De Marcus™ 15:42 10 Jul 2006

Save the picture to your desktop or somwhere memorable and then visit click here

whereby you browse for your picture (desktop) and click on host, copy the resultant link and paste it into a response you make in a thread.

De Marcus™ 15:43 10 Jul 2006

Use this thread as your practice shot.

GroupFC 15:49 10 Jul 2006

You can't - unlike some forums this one doesn't let you post images.

From what I have seen from other threads, those that want to post screenshots use a free picture-hosting site, such as Imageshack click here, and then post a link in a thread for people to see.

GroupFC 15:50 10 Jul 2006

Doh! - I must type faster!

ade.h 16:10 10 Jul 2006

If you use Imageshack, be sure to copy the LAST link (called "direct link to image") otherwise it will not work properly with this forum. The other links provide things like thumbnails and embedded images.

Durko 17:12 10 Jul 2006

Keep track of your activity, take a picture of the screen at intervals that are set by you and save them too.

click here and it's free!!

d

jack 17:27 10 Jul 2006

De Marcus and Group FC wrote
"From what I have seen from other threads, those that want to post screenshots use a free picture-hosting site, such as Imageshack click here"

Please be aware that Imageshack have an affliction at the moment that is posting pop ups and other nasties

How ever the there are many hosting sites out there including those of the two be search engines[Google and Yahoo ]- 2 further examples are click here and click here

Those of you that have image sizing problems may like consider click here
This automatically copies and re sizes images for uploading with any action being required on your part[ it is a TSR program]

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?