Screen saver on Vista

Edith 08:10 06 Dec 2008

I would like to add personal pictures to act as my screen savers. I did this with XP but cannot recall how and have tried to find a way to do it with Vista but with no luck. There is a folder in the screen saver which I assume is where you can place photos etc but cannot work out how you get them there. Anyone have the answer to this?

Many thanks.

Edith

tullie 08:22 06 Dec 2008

Right click desktop/personalise browse to where your photos are,then select the one you want.

tullie 08:24 06 Dec 2008

Sorry,thats for desktop background

ambra4 08:30 06 Dec 2008
  skidzy 08:30 06 Dec 2008

Control Panel / Appearance and personalization / Change screen saver / Screen saver / Photos and use the settings and preview accordingly.

AlanHo 08:47 06 Dec 2008

Why do people still use screensavers on modern computers?

I understand that the old problem of screen burn - with CRT monitors - does not apply to LCD or TFT flat panels.

tullie 08:57 06 Dec 2008

Your right of course,no need for it,its just someones preference.

Edith 09:33 06 Dec 2008

Thanks to everyone who has responded. I had tried going via the control panel and chosing the photo folder but I was getting a message which said "an error is preventing this slide from previewing or something very similar" However just tried it again and it now works! Thanks once again for your reponses. I have used the PC Advisor route for solving problems before and it always comes up trumps.

Edith

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Acer Predator 21X review

Game of Thrones GIFs: how Eran Mendel is creating hilarious weekly GIFs based on each episode's…

How to increase storage on iPhone

Nokia 8 : rumeurs & soirée de lancement