Screen Print in XP

Boy Zone 21:21 01 Jul 2003

Hi can anyone help?
How do you carry out a screen print in XP. I have ready read other threads, informing me to press Screen Print Key, minimise screen and open paint and paste. This may work for some but I can't get this to work.
It was so easy in win 98SE, so why does Win XP home NOT support this facility?

I want to print some dialogue boxes, and merge with some internet screens into a word document.
I need your help...

VoG II 21:26 01 Jul 2003

I'm using XP home and it works for me. After pressing Print Screen (or Alt + Print Screen if you only want to copy the active window, like a dialog box) check what is in the clipboard. To do this Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, Clipboard Viewer.

Bagsey 23:20 01 Jul 2003

Try this click here

Its probably one of the easiest screen rip programs about to use. I use it a lot for school teaching projects. Its free.

Boy Zone 20:31 02 Jul 2003

THanks for you input, but..

When I go to check my clipboard , as you told, I cant see clipboard viewer. In Accessories tools I have:- activate windows,character map, disk clean,disk frag,File transfer wizzard,schedule task, system info,system restore, but NO clipboard viewer...

I also download the program as above, but I would prefer a simple process of copy and paste.

Any more help

Steven135 20:39 02 Jul 2003

have you tried pasting straight into a word document or publisher document if you have Office XP you can then right click the image and save as Jpeg etc, not sure you can do this in Office 2000.

Boy Zone 20:52 02 Jul 2003

I have tried this but as I only have office 2000. Why is life so difficult. In win 98 it was a piece of cake, then comes along win XP as good as it is somethings were so much better in 98

bvw in bristol 00:19 03 Jul 2003

Where's the Clipboard Viewer in Windows XP?

click here

artist 12:01 03 Jul 2003

Thanks bvw. :o)

keith-236785 12:25 03 Jul 2003

boyzone

press the print screen key on your keyboard

open microsoft Word

right click your mouse (in the word document) and select Paste

drag the image to the size you want using the grab handles on the corners of the image (always seems to be too big).

simple as that

i have windows XP and office 2000

no problems doing a screen print.

keith-236785 12:33 03 Jul 2003

if you try using Paint for the screen print you would have to press ALT+E together then P or on the file menu click Edit/paste

dont know why right click doesnt work in Paint (in this case), after you have pasted into word, for some strange reason right click on mouse starts working again.

hope this helps

keith-236785 16:12 04 Jul 2003

that should have read

dont know why right click doesnt work in Paint (in this case), after you have pasted into PAINT.

sorry i was tired, just got in after working nights

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?