Screen Overlay

morddwyd 08:37 09 Dec 2013

Because of my vision problems I've been recommended to use a yellow screen background.

While this is no problem with individual browsers, though with some display problems, I do not know how to do it on system screens, such as Control Panel or Explorer.

Any suggestions?

hastelloy 09:51 09 Dec 2013

Control Panel - under Ease of Access select "Optimise Windows display".

"Under Make things on the screen easier to see" click on "Adjust the colour and transparency of the window borders".

Click on "Advanced appearance settings" (at the bottom).

Under "Item:" It defaults to Desktop but you can select from many different items including Window. You have a choice of colours for pretty much everything.

You can also change Font, Font size and Font colour in the Active title bar.

It's interesting to experiment to see what suits you - you can always change it back if you don't like it.

morddwyd 17:31 09 Dec 2013

Unfortunately, if I change Windows colour I lose my High Contrast theme, which I need.

That's why I.m hoping to find a simple overlay.

BRYNIT 17:43 09 Dec 2013

You could try a Monitor overlay CLICK HERE

morddwyd 19:03 09 Dec 2013

Thanks. That is much the same as using yellow tinted glasses, which I use, but was really looking for a switchable software solution.

AroundAgain 19:39 09 Dec 2013

Hi Have you looked at this, ssOverlay

It appears to be a FREE program, designed to "create a colorful shell across the computer screen. The color and the degree of transparency can be adjusted depending on the user's needs".

Sounds worth exploring, unless you have already. I hope you find something suitable and not too expensive.

morddwyd 12:36 11 Dec 2013

Thanks for that, just the sort of thing I had in mind.

Unfortunately that particular programme is just a little bit too opaque (like the difference between looking through tissue paper instead of cellophane).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone