screen is large size and resolution wont alter

nonowtatall 20:00 05 Aug 2013

my computer is in xp pro and when i start it it is in a large mode and a box says your computer screen resolution color depth are currently set to a very low level etc then another box says do you want to automaticly correct your screen resolutio and color depth and when i click it still stays the same i have been into the conrtol panel and tried to alter the settings but it wont change any ideas what to do next i also tried system restoe and that wont let me do that either

lotvic 22:06 05 Aug 2013

Are you using a separate graphics card and have forgotten to load the drivers?

nonowtatall 22:28 05 Aug 2013

no it is an onboard device and i tried and downloaded new drivers is it poss my onboard card is gone i have tried allsorts and it is always the same

lotvic 00:09 06 Aug 2013

Try booting to Safe Mode (F8) and changing it.

Can I ask: has it suddenly gone like this and was okay before?

If you can tell us any history of pc, changes, reinstalls, etc it would be helpful.

Note: if you want more info on and how to get rid of the popup message click here

nonowtatall 08:48 08 Aug 2013

it is all solved after installing the drivers changing the monitor etc i discover my on board graphics has gone i had a new graphics card installed and every thing is back to normal many thanks everyone

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

Illustrator Andrés Lozano on his improv line work, brazen use of colours & hand sketching

iPhone X review

Comment envoyer gratuitement des gros fichiers ?