Screen lags behind the Keyboard

jack 08:48 17 Mar 2010

I get this some times, when having typed a something I pause look at the screen only to see nothing- then all of sudden a flurry of characters dash across the screen.
I tend to think it is this cranky old machine must get to sorting it - one day perhaps may be- then
One of my flock reported the same problem.
It vexed him so much he dashed off and purchased a new wireless Keyboard/mouse set. - but he still has the problem- I did mention to him that possibly a wireless set may aggravate said trouble

In my case my KB is PS2 but the lag can occur.
Not always I hasten to add - like as now all is OK.
So what is the likely cause and a remedy?

chub_tor 09:22 17 Mar 2010

It is nothing to do with the keyboard or the screen it is simply that the processor is busy doing something else for a while and later plays "catch up". It may help if you do a clean up of your temporary files using CCleaner click here also look at any programmes that may be running in the background. Perhaps some of them such as Quicktim or Real are looking for updates. As a next step try running msconfig click here to stop unecessary programmes running at start up.

john810 09:37 17 Mar 2010

<a href="click here">blu ray ripper for mac</a> can help you to output blu-ray movies to almost all popular mobile devices and editing software, such as, Apple TV, iPod, iPhone, GPhone, PSP/PS3, XBox, Mobile Phone, etc and video editing software: iMovie, FCP, Avid etc.
<a href="click here">BlackBerry Converter</a> is an all-in-one software, which is used to convert to blackberry format.

jack 10:03 17 Mar 2010

SPAM
Is this YOU or did you click the wrong button?
It has nothing to do with the topic

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

12 Amazing British Craft Beer Label Designs

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017