Screen keeps freezing up

erkmatrix 10:32 03 Jan 2003
  erkmatrix 13:30 03 Jan 2003

Really totally get rid of them both, but without a display adapter, how would I see how to instal again or would it detect it. I'm one of these cautious people, I wouldn't want it to start wrong and I wouldn't have a clue what to do. I wonder why two were put on there, does it really matter or could that be the problem that I'm getting.

VoG™ 13:33 03 Jan 2003

Windows will detect the card automatically on reboot and load drivers. I did this exact procedure a while back when I had problems with a graphics card.

erkmatrix 14:19 03 Jan 2003

I've just noticed that they have different things written in the device manager/display adapter then click on both of them and then resources and on the first one its has
memory range D0000000 - D7FFFFFF,
I/O Range B800 - B8FF,
memory range DFEF0000 - DFDFFFFF,
IRQ 16,
I/O Range 03BO - 03BB,
I/O Range 03C0 - 03DF,
memory range 000A0000 - 000BFFFF,
and says no conflict on conflict device list

and on the secondry
memory range C8000000 - CFFFFFFF
memory range DFEE0000 - DFEEFFFF

and again no conflicts
So should I still get rid of both of them if they are doing different things on my PC?
I mean is there any reason why there would instal it twice.

Phil

woodchip 14:42 03 Jan 2003

No you only have one monitor, unless you have onboard graphics and a graphics card fitted, in that case that could be your problem

PA28 14:52 03 Jan 2003

..... and as Woodchip was about to say you would have to disable the onboard graphics through your BIOS. Do as they say - remove both cards from Device Manager and reboot.

erkmatrix 15:03 03 Jan 2003

I've got in touch with my computer manufacturer over this issue, still awaiting to hear back.
I know that it came with onsound board and no soundcard. Where would it be located in my bios to look if the onboard graphics is still enabled. I'm not really up on computers, I know you press delete when the screen turns black on reboot but then where do I look.

Phil

woodchip 15:10 03 Jan 2003

if you have onboard graphics you can alter memory that it allocates to it but I have neve seen on this forum were anybody as been able to disable graphics in the bios, sound yes graphics no, seen this tried several times in the past

erkmatrix 15:40 03 Jan 2003

Damn I thought it was a small problem now it sounds like a nightmare. Is there anywhere though on my PC where it would say if my pc is using the radeon 9500 or the motherboard.

woodchip 15:49 03 Jan 2003

If device manager shoes two Radeon's, then I think Windows is the problem I would remove both, It will find and install after reboot

Macc 16:02 03 Jan 2003

Could be that the refesh rate in Right Click, Properties, Monitor is set wrong for your monitor.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

Illustrator Andrés Lozano on his improv line work, brazen use of colours & hand sketching

iPhone X review

Comment envoyer gratuitement des gros fichiers ?