Screen Freeze

peter4076 21:42 04 Mar 2006

On boot up my screen freezes on the first page, I then press the restart button and my puta goe's into the CMOS, and what ever I configure, User Defined etc, Load all defaults, I save changes and exit my computer does not go past first page of P.O.S.T. Any ideas.
Running Win XP SP2 with all updates.

Much Obliged

Oogle 22:36 04 Mar 2006

If you are unable to boot up your Windows XP PC (XP Home or XP Professional), it may be because the boot sector has become corrupted (yet the operating system and data may still be OK). If that is the problem, then this boot disk will enable your PC to ignore the hard disk boot sector, and instead use the boot sector on this boot floppy in order to still boot successfully into Windows XP.
click here

How to do xp repair install
click here
How to use recovery consol
click here
How to Perform an In-Place Upgrade (Reinstallation) of Windows XP
click here;en-us;315341

Repair Installation of XP
click here

How to recover from a corrupted registry that prevents Windows XP from starting
click here

Start the System Restore tool at a command prompt
1. Restart your computer, and then press F8 during the initial startup to start your computer in Safe Mode with a command prompt.

For additional information about the Safe mode with a command prompt, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
315222 A description of the Safe mode boot options in Windows XP
click here
2. Log on to your computer with an administrator account or with an account that has administrator credentials.
3. Type the following command at a command prompt, and then press ENTER:
%systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe
4. Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to restore your computer to an earlier state.

peter4076 12:54 05 Mar 2006

Cheers Oogle for your response, I had to close computer down and go out for the evening, but here I am obviously working on my main computer.

I have just switched on my other computer and it booted straight to the CMOS, with this Nag.

"During the last boot-up your system hung for an improper CPU external speed setting. Your system is now working in Safe mode ( BUS:100Mhz DRAM:100Mhz PCI:33Mhz ) To optimize the system performance and reliability, make sure the CPU speed conforms to the specifications of your CPU."

I have done that, but alas I still get the screen freeze or the boot straight to CMOS.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?