Screen colour to match magazine colour?

tnelis 10:11 01 Sep 2004

Help please...I do cartoons in Photoshop for magazines...how can I adjust my screen, so that what I see on the screen will match what is printed in my client's magazine? Thanks.

click here

Cook2 14:40 01 Sep 2004

I found the easiest way to achieve this was to print the picture and then adjust my screen to match. Once you've adjusted the screen all future pictures which look too light or dark, on screen, can be adjusted to suit within your software.

Cook2 14:40 01 Sep 2004

I found the easiest way to achieve this was to print the picture and then adjust my screen to match. Once you've adjusted the screen all future pictures which look too light or dark, on screen, can be adjusted to suit within your software.

woodchip 14:56 01 Sep 2004

You have to create a Colour Map so that you can load it every time you print. You should find this in your Printer Settings. Trial and Error job to get it right. You should then stick with the INK and PAPER that you use as this affects the printout. You can however create other profile maps. and save these

tnelis 15:08 01 Sep 2004

Thanks for these....but I'm talking about repro printing in a magazine, not printing from an inkjet printer....

woodchip 15:18 01 Sep 2004

How are you viewing the Mag is it a downloaded file or a scanned image You can also create colour maps in Photoshop to save for reprinting on some other print system. You should also have Display Calibration in Photoshop

tnelis 15:43 01 Sep 2004

I'm looking at the hardcopy mag....but have suddenly realized I should compare a previously printed graphic to my graphic on screen, then adjust my screen settings to match...that would solve it...thanks for all your help...over and out.

Wak 15:57 01 Sep 2004

Hi, I don't know if I've got this wrong or not but I assume that you are doing your cartoons and then sending your client a file(s) (JPEG, BMP or similar) from which he prints his magazine?
If that is the case then your screen display needs to be adjusted to a standard chart showing brightness, contrast and colours and his printer will also need to be adjusted to a similar standard.
I don't think altering your screen to match his magazine will produce the required result as his printer output will continuously change according to the colour information contained within your file. Making your screen bluer will only supply his printer with bluer output information if you see what I mean. You both have to use the same basic standard.

Have a look at click here
I also use another standard chart and will try and find the web site of that for you.
I hope this helps in some way and doesn't add to the confusion.

Wak 16:38 01 Sep 2004

This site click here
could also be of interest to you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

There’s more to Finnish artist Tove Jansson than creating the Moomins

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder la Coupe du monde de rugby à XIII en direct ?