Screen capture of logon screen?

nollan 14:32 28 Aug 2003

Hi,

I am trying to make a screen capture of the logon screen in Windows 2000, for a training manual to use at work. The PrtSc key doesn't work, which I suppose has to do with the system not being logged on. Is there any software that could do this, or is there a way of doing this within Windows?

Cheers,
Erik Nolander

beeuuem 14:38 28 Aug 2003

PrtScr copies the imazge to the clipboard.
You can paste the image in any program that supports images, eg Word, Paint, Photoshop, etc.

nollan 14:51 28 Aug 2003

Hi,
I've tried that, but the PrtSc key seems to stop working as soon as I log off the system or lock it. I'm thinking that there must be a way to get around that, but I don't know how.

Cheers,
Erik N

tbh72 14:58 28 Aug 2003

click here

Are these any good to you, take your pick. You may be required to seek permission!!

Mango Grummit 15:49 28 Aug 2003

Screen Hunter is the chap you need click here

palinka 16:13 28 Aug 2003

Are you sure it doesn't work? because you can't see anything different doesn't on this occasion mean it isn't working. Have you tried first pressing Pr scr,(at which point you won't see anything different at all) then immediately opening a blank page in Word, or whatever you use, and pressing "paste" in the toolbar at the top of that page.

palinka 16:15 28 Aug 2003

should have said that of course you can paste into other progs, just as beeuuem said.

Mango Grummit 16:18 28 Aug 2003

palinka, that is all true of course but jolly long winded and not worth the messing about compared to Screen Hunter. But yes you are right!

alcudia 16:18 28 Aug 2003

Mango Grummit, Thanks for that link. It'll be a bit quicker than running PaintShop pro every time I want to make a capture.

sil_ver 16:30 28 Aug 2003

If you've got a digital camera it's simple.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Android Oreo News: Release Date & New Features

Best Photo Editing Software for iPad

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Comparatif : quelle est la meilleure batterie externe 2017 ?