Screen Capture of a complete email message

howard64 12:50 19 Feb 2011

I have a Hotmail email which I have to scroll down to read it all. I would like to use a Screen Capture to pick it all and then save as a jpg. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks in advance.

GaT7 13:00 19 Feb 2011

Yes, you can use free photo editing software to do this. It involves taking two (or more) separate screenshots & joining them together.

I usually use Paint.net click here for this. If you need the steps involved just ask. G

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:02 19 Feb 2011

Copy paste into note pad -select all - reuce font size - print screen - open your photo (paint) software - paste in the screen and save as ???.jpg

GaT7 13:17 19 Feb 2011

FB's method is easier, but if you need to save exactly as displayed on screen (without editing/formatting), then you'll want to use my method. G

northumbria61 13:26 19 Feb 2011

Ashampoo Snap 4 - 40 day trial from here click here

Ashampoo Magical Snap adds an expandable toolbar to the top of your window that lets you capture entire Web pages or specific selections. It also captures desktop and window screenshots--basically anything that appears on your screen.

Can be saved as PNG,BMP,JPG,PDF,APCDOC

I have used this for several years and found it to be excellent for my personal needs.

northumbria61 13:30 19 Feb 2011

Forgot to mention also captures "Video" along with capture of scrolling window,single window,free rectangle,freestyle,fixed region.

GaT7 13:34 19 Feb 2011

Good find northumbria61. I forgot that I actually have the previous free version (when they were running the offer) that does most of what the latest version does click here. G

tonyq 13:42 19 Feb 2011

I have not used it but you can scroll and capture with the following which is a freebie for home use.
click here

GaT7 13:46 19 Feb 2011

Well, the Ashampoo free offer's still on. Visit click here, enter ASH-111PR in the coupon code field & click on 'Get downloads now'. Four more good free programs offered there as well.

We'll get there - eventually ;-)! G

howard64 14:31 19 Feb 2011

Thanks all that was great. I have downloaded and used the ashampoo prog and it is brilliant. Thanks again.

birdface 15:27 19 Feb 2011

Just noticed that i have that on my new computer.
After you capture what you want how do you then post it on here.
Have you still got to use Photobucket or something like that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?