screen capture

Mr Tinkles 12:58 04 Jul 2003

is it poI wish to capture a picture of a technical drawing i am doing in solid works and use it as a jpeg in a presentation i am ucreating,however every time i save it the quality is so bad i can not use it. i have tried altering the resolution and all sorts of things but nothging seems to improve it

Gongoozler 14:07 04 Jul 2003

Hi Mr Tinkles. I don't find jpeg very good for fine detail such as technical drawings, but it is sometimes passable if I use a facility that lets me choose the compression factor. For this I use Corel PhotoPaint, and when it asks me for the Quality Factor, I would use a figure less than 10, where 2 is best quality and 255 is worst.

Mr Tinkles 14:14 04 Jul 2003

cheers for the info . do you know if it works for paint shop pro seven? i have also seen this done by saving the picture as a viz. file extension but i have no idea what application created it.

AshW 20:20 04 Jul 2003

Yes, for PSP7, choose "Export" then "JPEG Optimizer". Alter the slider depending on how much compression you want.

Ironman556 20:25 04 Jul 2003

If you're using the Tech drawing program to create the jpg, try using the "Prt Scr" button (above insert),then pasting into PSP7. You can then save as a jpg and choose the options to optimise from the save dialog.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017