Scrambled picture - media player 11

tpluswizard 12:12 01 Aug 2007

I have got windows media player 11 installed and XP SP2. plus Internet Explorer 7. (I generally use Firefox but you have to use Microsoft with the BBC player at the moment).
When I try to play streaming video from online sources eg ITV.com or use the BBC iplayer, I can hear the sound OK but the picture is just a coloured scramble. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the player but get the same effect.
Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks

Eddie

Stuartli 12:16 01 Aug 2007

Try the latest version of Flash Player (for IE):

click here

If this doesn't cure it, try installing the K-Lite Standard Codecs pack as well:

click here

Ensure that all File Types are Enabled from WMP's Tools>Options>File Types.

tpluswizard 16:33 01 Aug 2007

Thanks for that. I have downloaded the flash player. If I "unlink" the ITV stream and run it in stand alone WMP 11, then it works but if I try to run it in the window on the site, all I get is the scrambled picture.
I installed the Standard Codecs (accepting defaults) too but that doesn't seem to make any difference.

Stuartli 16:39 01 Aug 2007

Have you checked the Settings in the ITV player section?

Stuartli 16:43 01 Aug 2007

I find that my local ITV region (Granada) videos initially run OK and then, eventually, Firefox crashes....:-(

A Resume session restores the pages and tabs without rebooting (if you have configured FF to Restore sessions).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?